Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That Special Person.



Looking back, you realize that a very special person
passed briefly through your life, and that person was you.
It is not too late to become that person again.


{ Robert Brault }

*

I grew up physically, emotionally, psychological beaten up.
I was lied to, and brainwashed into believing
that I was ugly and talentless.

And then one person believed I could do anything
and that I was the most beautiful person in the world.
It took years for me to believe that myself.

Maybe, we only need two things to make us realize how truly special we are --
one, our willingness to heal and forgive;
and two, someone who will believe in us.

*

{ Aileen . Photo Assignment February Week 4: Self-Protrait }

Photo: Self-timer. Vintaged.
Excuse the tummy. Not preggy, just busog. Haha.


2 comments:

Robert Brault April 1, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Aileen,

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you have quoted my "special person" thought. And you have expanded upon it in a very eloquent and touching way. You have quite made my day!

Smiles,
RB

Aileen April 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

It's such an honor to be visited by you! Your words are true inspiration. =)

Thank you!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog